Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Strategies

As I sit here typing and drinking my hot chocolate (which is QUITE delicious by the way) I find myself wondering at why I've being doing so bad lately at cod4. I remember answering someone's question on how to get more game kills in a yahoo answers forum and suddenly doubting my qualifications for helping him. Given, it is a free open forum and several other people gave replies more useless than my own, but I find comfort in that his best scores were 5 kills to 7 deaths and mine are 48 to 8. I'd assume I'm a more experienced player but you never know. He might not even play it and instead is a liver-spotted old man in his sixties with a lust for little boys who play Call of Duty 4. The question will remain unanswered I guess.

If you were curious, his question envoked answers about what strategy the readers use to get kills. I shared my own, which I now realize might each be odd.

-Sitting up straight, heels propped up on the chair I sit in, controller on a pillow and pointing toward the line where the ceiling and wall meet, hands lightly on the buttons, barely holding it.

-Two or so warm up games where I slowly speed up my reaction time.

-Adrenaline and shouting at the screen.

-Switching to see-shoot mode rather than see-run closer-attempt to knife-die on accident mode.

-Enjoy satisfaction of hearing the people with headsets talking about how Cheerleader_Mel_ got first and how she's probably a boy.

What are your strategies for getting kills? I find hiding/camping to be horribly inaffective and sniping to just be obnoxious, but to each their own. Anyone have methods similar to mine? I wonder.

And feel sad that I finished my hot chocolate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Wow Mel. Wow. I sit up straight too but not as specifically as you! Ya I don't know how to describe my strategies. I don't think I really have any.

Except for shoot-kill mode. Ha!

Anonymous said...

I do shoot n' run. You run around and shoot when you see them. Just like you! I think that method's pretty common

Anonymous said...

Oh. Sad that you finished it. Chocolate's delicious since it's unhealthy. Most unhealthy things seem to be devilishly yummy. Bless your blog Mel.

Unknown said...

ROCK ON MEL LOL
nice blog !!! WOW im convince that u could make any
grow man cry while playing this gm lol
i dont really have a strategy but one thing is for sure
i light up every hour lol
this gm ROCKS N SO DO MEL NICE BLOG !!!!